Planet Friendly and Energy Efficient
ThermoShield/Procell Insulation have been awarded Environment Canada’s (TerraChoice’s) prestigious designation as an “ Environmental Choice” product under CCD-016 Thermal Insulation Materials.
The ECOLOGO which appears on each bag of ThermoShield / ProCell insulation is assurance that the products meet the “Environmental Choice” criteria.
Thermo-Cell Industries was one of the first ten Canadian companies to receive the Environmental Choice Award for its eco-friendly product when the certification was managed by Environment Canada in the early 90s.
- Contains at least 80% recycled paper by weight
- Meets or exceeds all applicable governmental and industrial safety and performance standards
- Manufactured and transported in such a manner that all steps of the process, including the disposal of waste products will meet the requirements of all applicable governmental acts, by-laws and regulations.
- Does not require being labelled as toxic, corrosive or flammable
- Is accompanied by detailed instructions for proper handling and installation so as to minimize health concerns
- Demonstrated by due diligence of the manufacturer, be packaged in a material for which efforts have been made to ensure post-consumer recycled content
- Is not formulated or manufactured with polybrominated diphenyl ether flame retardants
- Comply with the following applicable performance standards
- CAN/ULC S703-09, Standard for Cellulose Fibre Insulation (CFI) for Buildings